Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dr. Mom on my lunch

So.... last friday I found myself being the "doctor of the house" though it definitely wasn't my intention. I went home for lunch per usual and was feeding the baby when i noticed something orange in Landin, my almost 3 year old's ear. I looked closer and discovered he had shoved a little orange ball inside his ear canal and it was WEDGED in. It looked impossible to get out on our own so I told David to load up the boys and get going to the Dr's office to have them remove it. So while David was making arrangements to get a vehicle over to our house I decided to see if I could get it out on my own but was scared to do too much in case it shoved the ball further in his ear. I used my pinky finger nail and gave it about 3 tries and that little ball just popped right out. Had i not had a finger nail that thing would have taken a dr to get it out. there wasn't nothing skinny and long enough laying around our house that we could have used. Just one of the joys of having 3 little boys running wild in our house. lol.
Landin being a little dare devil in the kitchen on his bike.

My sweet boys!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Doctor Gallegos! I have been waiting for Kaydence to get something stuck in her ear or her nose but luckily that hasn't happened yet. If I'm in Idaho when she does I'll know who to call with the skinny pinky ;)
Oh the joys of parenthood!

My life as it is. said...

Haha just wait nicole! It'll happen.... And when it does you'll have the same blank yet horrified look on you face that clearly states "why must you do these thing?.... Oh ya! Cause your a child that's right" haha.

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

AHHH! Everyday I am waiting for my kiddos to stick something somewhere!!! Good thinking Mom!!!

My life as it is. said...

I'm expecting the unexpected everyday. I swear Landin has a new bump or bruise EVERY DAY haha. the joys of parent hood!